When I first received my Waterford Hilsen frame in the aforementioned
robin's egg blue, I was deeply dissapointed. I mentioned it to Jim Thill,
who was about to assemble the bike and said, give it few days and see if it
grows on you. He initially had the same reservation about his Atlantis
color but later came to feel otherwise.

Well, that ended up being very good advice as I now love the bike and the
"country blue" color. At the Grant book signing in Minneapolis, I finally
saw a dark blue Hilsen and actually prefer the lighter color. It has a
special purplish metalflake that comes out only in sunlight as an added
bonus. Plus, it is THE MOST DURABLE paint I have ever experienced by long
shot. That, unlike my 20 year old Santana, that flakes even if I were to
sneeze too close to it.

I'm sure the dark blue would grow on me just the same 'cause the magic's
under the paint, not in it.

Sean