Ok, I know it's probably off-topic so I'll keep it short. Thanks to this
list and to RBW for daily reading material, motivation and reminders, that
kept me from going crazy this summer. Rode yesterday, on my beautiful
orange Rambouillet, for first time in three months.  Here's the short story:

- kidney cancer diagnosed June 11.
- rode Death Ride (www.deathride.com) on July 14.
- Surgery (Da Vinci procedure) on July 18.
- no riding this summer, but I read RBW Owners Bunch every day...
- physically,  everything clear now, got back on the bike yesterday.
- Orange is a great color, the Rambouillet is a great bike, and I'm a
grateful and happy rider again.

I'm not into the cancer-color thing, but it so happens Orange is the renal
cancer awareness color, Orange is the best color for the bike, the
Rambouillet is the best Orange, it's Fall, and I'm back on the bike.

I didn't take any pictures, but there's this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41563482@N06/sets/72157627837620505/

A Rambouillet is the perfect thing for a Fall ride on the easy bike paths
of West Sonoma County.  The feeling of finally being back on the bike is
indescribable.

Thanks RBW OB, and thanks Rivendell.  I've said many times I wouldn't be
riding again if GP and Rivendell hadn't revitalized my love for the bike in
'99.

MB