Interesting lyme disease fact: California, birthplace of the S240, has a
statistically significant lower incidence of lyme disease, thanks to a
lizard--the Western Fence Lizard--which is common in the area, and whose
blood contains a protein that kills the lyme disease bacterium.  So when
our local ticks feed on these lizards--which I guess is a fairly common
occurrence--any lyme disease they are carrying is killed.

http://www.calacademy.org/science_now/archive/wild_lives/fence_lizards_050601.php