Kaloo Kalay! UPS dropped it off this am, an almost new Medium I
cornered on eBay for $120 shipped (and the seller through in unasked
and unannounced a nice Vetta Turbo clone and a as-new Lezyne Pressure
Drive. What a deal!

Here it is mounted on a bracket I spent several hours on yesterday. It
copies the design of the Nitto bracket but with the big difference
that the arms angle upward so that you can use it with a non-Brooks
saddle. The Nitto arms are in the same plane as the mounting piece
which works for saddles like the B 17 whose rails angle upward at
almost 90*, but which put the mounting part very low on saddles like
the Flite where the rails angle upward at a considerably lesser angle.

https://picasaweb.google.com/BERTIN753/NEWSACKVILLEMANDHOMEMADEMOUNTINGBRACKET#

The bracket actually looks less crude than in the closeups; my only
concern is that the aluminum plate is a bit thinner than I'd like. No
sign of flex but eventually I may get a professional to cut me a
better one from stainless steel plate, say 3/16". Perhaps I'd add QR
slots on thicker stock, so that I could use a QR skewer and simply
lift it off; I'd also try to find a thicker -- 1"+ -- piece of tubing,
both for better bracket support and for easier blinkie mounting.

As pictured it is not "QR because I used an allen skewer, but with a
true QR it would be, since it then is just a matter of loosening the
QR and unscrewing the skewer nut. The absence of QR slots makes the
bag less liable to theft. Or perhaps I'll have them added and simply
take the bag with me ...

The Sackville is certainly the best made bag I've seen or owned, and
I've seen Berthouds and used everything from Carradices to Baggins to
Acorns to who knows what else. Snooty purse quality. I must say that I
like the look of the old fashioned Carradice bags better, but for
practical volume with tire clearance, this is much better. I even
removed the extra stiffener installed by the previous owner; the
internal stiffener seems adequate, tho' I plan to test this guess this
afternoon with a trip to the grocery store.

Question: assuming I could get my hands on 3/16 or 1/4" stainless
stock, what is the minimum I'd need to cut this? Would a cheap skilsaw
do the trick? I used heavy metal shears for the aluminum plate.

--
Vote early, vote often, vote Rhinoceros!
http://tinyurl.com/d7muj2t