I mounted the Hetre tires on Synergy 650b wheels and swapped out the
calipers to Tektro R559. In the front there is gobs of room--over a cm on
all sides. In the back there is sufficient room with plenty of room up top,
and the minimum clearance is in the chainstays with about 4 mm at minimum
on each side. There should be plenty of room for fenders, as Jay described,
which is great.

The bad news is that the R559 caliper on the rear right side does not have
enough reach. Maybe 1 or 2 mm would do it. In order to take a test ride,
I'm flipping the brake pad in the "reverse" direction. I don't know how
much of a difference the pad will make if it's upside down, but in that
configuration the brake won't hit the tire.  The Tektro brakes have 73 mm
reach, and in theory, there are 75 mm reach brakes, which should hopefully
work.

I've kind of searched around the web and found some IRD B75 calipers, but
they only seem to be available in black right now for the rear. I prefer
silver, but...

I also saw some DiaCompe centerpulls. I've never used centerpulls, but I
could switch to those, since they also claim to have 75mm reach. I would
appreciate any experience with the centerpull brakes in contrast to the
dual-pivot calipers.

If there are other 75 mm reach brakes I should consider, then it would be
much appreciated too (I see BMX-style brakes, but have no idea about how
they would work on a road bike).

Thanks,
Toshi