This reminds me of a ride I took this summer. Although, we made the other
decision. Overlook road does not actually connect all the way in to the El
Soreno Open Space Preserve: http://goo.gl/maps/fXt2w

It is possible to lift a bike over a 10 foot tall gate, but you might not
like what you find on the other side. No pics, so there's no proof.

Paul