Steve:

The Delaware Water Gap actually is a great choice for a 2-day ride,
light-touring credit card style.  I did it one weekend 2 years ago, where
we started at the Water Gap (on the PA side), rode across the Rte 80 bridge
to NJ, then up the historic Old Mine Road to Milford PA along the Delaware,
which is a rolling combo of very rural rough pavement and dirt roads (about
40+ miles in total for Day 1).  We spent the night in Milford PA (where
there are plenty of B&Bs and Inns).  Day 2 we rode back into NJ, and up
through High Point and Stokes State Forest, before jumping on the Sussex
and Paulinskill rail-trails (which are mostly dirt, some gravel and
virtually no pavement). The Paulinskil is very pretty (largely used by the
equestrian community), and brings you all the way back down to the Water
Gap.  The 2-day total distance is roughly 90 miles, and it's definitely a
worthy ride with very little traffic.  This really highlights some of NJ's
hidden beauty.

Whether we also do a Virginia location for the May Riv Rally, I'd be glad
to host a Water Gap ride in the Spring.  Definitely an excellent (and
challenging) ride with beautiful scenery.  Thanks for suggesting it.

Peace,
Bobby