On Thu, 2012-11-15 at 05:32 -0800, Ron Mc wrote:
> at the stem, bell takes priority over the light, because you need to
> operate a bell with your left hand, so you can brake with your right
> hand.

My front brake is on the left, as is typical in the USA.  Also, I have
my bell set up on the stem and operate it with my right hand.

> As far as mounting the light lower on racks or lugs, you have to make
> sure you can see the right-curb near your tire, but logically, on the
> left side traffic may see you better.  So think about which works best
> with your bike.

Seriously, with a light with a beam like the Edelux it makes absolutely
no difference.  The beam is as wide as a car headlight.  What a contrast
to an E6, which (although beautifully bright) is about as wide as a Star
Trek light saber.  I have two of them in service, one mounted on the
right, one on the left.  Riding the bike you can't tell on which side
the light is mounted.