Due to the nature of the LED Blinkies, to be very bright without using a lot of energy, they need to be focused in a rather tight beam angle. This means for the blinkie to be effective they need to be carefully aimed at what you want to see them. That being said, LED Blinkies should be rigidly mounted on the seatpost, seatstay, chainstay, or the rear of your rack. Then make sure they are aimed so they are pointed back at the drivers. I've seen many backpack mounted blinkies that the rider doesn't need to worry about any planes landing on them, but you have to be right on top of them before you see it from a ground level view. :-)

Kerry Kunsman
San Diego, CA