I have an abus bordo lock.

I did a bunch of research and in the end decided to go with having a lock
that was *different* than what bike thieves are used to seeing, rather than
a better version of one that they know (u lock, cable lock, etc).

The lock doesn't have to be impenetrable it just has to be better than the
worst locked bike around it.  It is a bit heavy, but I think it's worth the
weight.