Hi Sean,

What's your PBH?  If you're in the "taller" overlap zone of the Homers
and the larger Salukis (59cm-62cm), I may be able to contribute to
your questions.

I recently added a 60cm Saluki to compliment and potentially replace
my 59cm Hilsen.  For now, I feel I'm at the point where I've
identified a great size and ergonomic setup, nearly perfect, and now
begin the process of splitting hairs.  The Saluki is able to run
slightly wider (Hetre) tires and has cantis and feels a hair larger,
but that's probably due to the puffier 42mm Hetres (my Homer is an
early build and has the narrower tire clearance).

Aesthetically, the bike looks to be of the same high quality.  My
Homer was made at Waterford but the Saluki probably at Toyo.  The lugs
appear to be "mismatched," the top lug of the headtube appearing to be
like the current Homers and the bottom lug of the headtube appearing
to be like the older "pointy" lugs.  I like it.

Here is an archive page on the Saluki:
http://web.archive.org/web/20070225162042/http://www.rivbike.com/bikes/saluki