For what it is worth, these are in the same wholesale price league as White
industry crank sets with a WI bottom bracket.  Likewise the Compass RH
offering is just a bit more without a bottom bracket.  The corresponding
retail prices all appear to be in the hunt as well if you shop around, and
or ask your retailer of choice.  IMO the real differences come down to
aesthetics, bottom bracket style, if ramped and pinned rings mean anything
to you, and country of origin.  What is really good is the fact that there
are finally choices in the market that allow for lower ranged well spaced
doubles and triples.

The next step is finding a front derailer made in the last 20 years that
works well with a 48-44 ring and a 16-20 tooth gap between rings.  There
are a few great vintage options, but new is a little harder to find.

Rob (very excited for a Christmas Roadeo project that is getting closer to
done)
oceanaircycles.com
Ventura, Ca