Hi-

Happy Holidays! My surprise bike gift was a Joseph Lucas bicycle oil-burning head light (the Planet model #33), still in the original box! This thing came out of my Dad's workshop. I think he bought it at a flea market in Belgium in the early 1970s. Not at all sure how old this thing is, my best guess is between 1910 and 1920.

Anyone out there know anything about these?

I posted a couple of pictures of the lamp to my Flickr account. Here's the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25652527@N05/sets/72157632361964076/

Best regards,
Doug Way
Boulder, CO