I DID get out to enjoy a New Years Day ride.  I rode solo, and didn't have
views quite like San Francisco or Mt Ranier, but I did take advantage of
the local trails up and down the beautiful Delaware River.  Here are a few
shots:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16461051@N04/8337655687/in/set-72157632415133754

Happy New Year.