Hello Tim,
As I've gotten older I've definitely slowed down.  I feel as fit as I did 5
to 10 years ago yet I don't feel the need to push it as I once did.  I get
to work 5 minutes later but smelling better and in one piece.  I cringe
thinking of the risks I used to take in traffic.  I feel fortunate I've
never been hit so I show more respect to cycling and commuting now.
(Someone in Seattle is currently selling his 61.5cm 1971 Singer touring
bike, might be on Craigslist)

Jeff
Denver