I've got my Specialized Aero stem*, 8 cm, at near max height on the '99 57
cm Joe custom 650C fixie; this puts the bar about 3 cm below saddle.

With the Sam I owned briefly I had the bar ~ 2" above saddle thanks to the
long stop tube and 10 cm stem (not to mention the 46 cm Noodles) and it
wasn't bad, but it didn't feel as good as the current Fargo with bar about
1 cm above saddle and a 57 cm tt and 42 Noodles. And the Fargo doesn't feel
as good as the Rivs with identical setups.

*Riv used to sell these way back when.