"I replaced the too long screw holding my rack on, which I suspect was the
issue all
along."

My observation is that with 11 & 12 tooth small cogs, there is little
clearance for the drive side rack screw to extend beyond the threaded
eyelet without chain interference.  On the rack installation video the
screw appears to be just long enough but not much, if any, protruding.

Being a "lockwashers with lock nuts" kinda guy, I use longer rack screws
with a nut.  On the drive side, the only thing that fits is a button head
screw.  These have a very low profile head which clears even an 11 cog.
Screwed into the threaded eyelet from the inside, it becomes a stud to
which the rack strut attaches with a nut.  Note this may be over-thinking
the solution.

dougP