WOW!! GREAT feedback, and thank you for the compliments (all due
Rivendell).

@ Patrick - Yea, I tried Noodles off road too, and felt a bit the same. I
think because they are a more "traditional" shape, I ran into the same
width vs. reach issue. I know one reason the set up on the cross bike is
favorable is due to the modern ergo shaped bars and Rival shifters creating
a nice big flat section which is where I spend the lions share of time.
I'll only use the tops in flat sections, and the drops while climbing steep
technical. However, a buddy of mine who is a FAR better cross rider swears
by the interrupter levers. I have a set in a box so I might add them to the
mix. I'll look at the midge too!

@ Ryan - Thanks for the offer! A buddy of mine here in Denver emailed me
that he had some woodchippers I could use to check them out. I'm hoping to
get a look at them this weekend. Thanks on the color nod! It's a wild
pearly, metallicy, acid yellowy green. Not being the original owner, I have
no clue what it's called but it's certainly a color of...purpose.

@ David - I think my buddy's Woodchippers are 46'ers? I'm a bit worried
about the flare. Since I generally like to be on the hoods, it seems like a
far reach down to the shifters AND to have them sticking out in the breeze
to hit the treeze. Problem??

@ BobbyB - LOL!! BOSS BABY BOSS!!

@ Keith - Holy crap that Ibis is insane. What a fun looking attack vehicle.
I like the idea of the shallow drop and forward bend. I was a bit concerned
that the way the WC flares out that it sort of rendered the tops of the
hood unusable, but the profile shot looks to be ok?

On a color note...do the green Brooks "patina" the um backside any more
than a black or brown model? I'll assume they're dyed and sealed the same?

My Cross
Bike<http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8510/8449645908_7b059065c6_c.jpg>bars are
modern 44 ergo drops.