A 2-day ride June 1-2 starting and ending in Spring Valley, MN. Here's a
decent motel in Spring Valley.
http://www.springvalleyinnsuites.com/

We'll probably overnight on June 1 in Preston, MN, after about 40-45 miles
of riding. There are a couple lodging and dining options there, but I'll
have to ask around a bit to get suggestions. Maybe one of you has inside
info about Preston? For campers, Forestville Mystery Cave State Park is a
few miles outside of Preston, and there are some private campgrounds nearer
to the town. I'll look into camping options and reservations.

On June 2, we'll regroup and take a circuitous route back to Spring Valley
for another 40-50 miles.

This part of Minnesota is well known (to those in the know) for its bluffs
and its rustic gravel roads, and we'd be foolish to not take advantage of
those amenities. I suggest leaving single-speeds or skinny tires at home.
Any Rivendell-style country bike with 32 mm tires (or bigger) and a wide
gear range should be suitable. We'll pass through several small towns that
have restaurants, so carrying lots of food won't be necessary.