+1 - It would be great to see a budget Atlantis/Allrounder.  But in a way,
Surly have that covered with the LHT and it has choice of  the mainstream
26" or 700 wheel sizes.  The 26" LHT in the larger sizes looks fabulous
built up (and could be built around 650b conceivably).  Surly have such a
high sales volume on the LHT so there is economy of scale there. Thorn
Cycles in the UK have the Sherpa which makes a fabulous value for money 26"
wheel tourer/allrounder too - and nicely finished. But no comparison to
Rivendell in terms of finish.  I'm very pleased with my Riv LL - the
workmanship is something to behold.  Is it really possible to build  Riv
quality at a low price?