I think you pretty much nailed all the considerations. It's a fancier
version of the bike you have. Nothing wrong with that, as long as you know
it. If the fit is spot on, then the price is really good. You could re-sell
your Rom and recoup most of it from that. MA2 rims which people like a lot.
Good basic 105 components (similar to what were on the Romulus). Factor in
$100 to ship back to the East Coast. I think you could get $900 for the Rom
in good condition, so you're looking at $400 for fancier bike. See if the
seller will go down. Again, focus on fit. If it's your size, go for it. If
it's not, then pass.

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 10:19 PM, KTY <kol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Considering this and would welcome some advice/feedback.
>
> I've been corresponding with the seller. He's the original owner, has put
> about 10k miles on it. Components all look original. Seems well cared for,
> but I'm relying on photos and info, as I'm not in LA (though my brother is
> and could inspect/buy it for me). I'm interested in this as an upgrade from
> my Romulus, which I would then sell after transferring the handlebars,
> saddle, and Cypres tires. I like my Rom a lot but the fancier details,
> extra water bottle bosses, and deep blue of the Ram have always appealed to
> me. (I'm aware that the Rom was the budget version of the Ram,
> essentially.) Thoughts?
>

> On Friday, February 22, 2013 11:55:56 PM UTC-5, dougP wrote:
>>
>> Not mine (just noticed on LA CL):
>>
>> http://losangeles.craigslist.**org/sfv/bik/3626995902.html<http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/bik/3626995902.html>
>>
>> Nicely spec'd & nicely priced.
>>
>> dougP
>>
>  --

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

**
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby
can't chew it." -*Mark Twain*