A few years back Grant turned us on to Murphy of Ireland.  I have two tweed
jackets.  The wool, cloth and jackets are all made by small businesses in
West Ireland.  The look is rugged but acceptably refined enough I do not
feel out of place among my more sartorial inclined colleagues wearing
them.  The price is not all that high considering the quality.