It happened to me about a month ago, too.  I took my son out to ride on
some trails (the East/West Ridge Trail in Oakland), and I rode my wife's
orange Ramb with albatross bars because it has fat tires (I think Avocet
Cross 35s?). My old MTB was not in ridable condition, and I felt like a
change from my drop bar bikes.

I had 2 people come up and compliment the bike.  That rarely happens when I
ride my other, albeit equally nice, bikes --- Bruce Gordons or old Ritchey
sport tourer.  That Riv mystique!