I have no experience with WI BBs. My experience with Shimano and Tange square
taper BBs is favorable enough that I'm no longer tempted to try $100+
competitors (I have used Phil in the past, but was disappointed). In the
external bearing BB market, I think Chris King is worth the considerable
up-charge over Shimano. This is based on my own experience destroying 2 or 3
Shimano Hollowtech BBs in short order.