I'm a fan of the Small Sacksville Saddlesack. Here's a pic from a recent
day ride <http://www.flickr.com/photos/metron04/8630648290/>. Not really
stuffed to bulging but full-ish... tool roll, tube, a layer or 2, gloves,
first aid kit, ditty bag, variety of snacks, perhaps a tupperware or 2. I'm
always impressed how much I can stuff into it. I also have a Medium and
rarely use it 'cause I have other bikes that are more set up for hauling
bigger loads. For grocery runs and such, I would suggest considering a
Medium or Large.

--Smitty