It's amazing to me how a "label", influences how I feel about a given
product.  I personally prefer no labels on a bicycle if given a choice.
When I had my Bombadil repainted, I had it done without labels.  I know the
origin of the frame, the frame knows the origin of the frame, and Rivendell
knows the origin of the frame.

 I remember being enamored with stickers as a child. Getting some STP
stickers from the Service Station (back when gas stations were owned and
run by the same one or two people and actually offered "real car service")
was a grand thing !  Getting the "big brand" named stickers and products
was THE thing, to be associated them.  It's all psychological of course,
and it's alright. I call it today "permission slips" .... anything that
allows you to feel better about yourself within the realms of your belief
system, is a permission slip.