The SS large looks huge. I bet with one of those and a small TrunkSack I
could fit everything for an S24O. Here's a picture of my Hilsen from a
couple of years ago when I did an S24O using only the medium SS and a TS.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41335973@N00/4945981066/in/set-72157613195465589

Just looking at that picture makes me realize that the medium is quite
spacious. That's a 63cm Hilsen.

Here's another picture of the Hilsen with gear for a 3 day trip using the
medium SS and a plat-rack. This was just a mock-up, in the end I went with
panniers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41335973@N00/4982443897/in/set-72157613195465589

For that 3 day trip I ended up going with panniers and the platrack.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41335973@N00/4994215959/in/set-72157613195465589

If I were doing that trip again I'd just use two large Ortlieb panniers and
keep it simple. I'd also use my LHT instead of the Hilsen. Looking at these
pictures makes me realize the Hilsen is an extremely versatile bike.

--mike