In theory, yes. However, I do not consider the middle portion of the Boscos
to be "practical" to *actually use*. I have no desire to place my hands in
that awkward position.  Also, one cannot mount the thumbshifters like I do
on the Albatross, they'd have to go somewhere else, somewhere I would not
prefer ! I love where my shifters are :)  So the usable part, for me, is
the straight part and while I do not have them to measure, I'm pretty sure
it is not 300mm, as that would be waaay swept back !
-----------------------

On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:16:52 PM UTC-4, Peter M wrote:

> So couldn't someone use bar end brake lever and thumb shifters on a Bosco
> bar and therefore have even more than 12 inches of bar to use?
>

> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 4:12 PM, Garth <gart...@gmail.com <javascript:>>wrote:
>
>> It truly does depend on where you have the shifters and brake levers.
>> Using bar end brake levers and thumb shifters, I have a range of hand
>> positions a Bosco could not give me. I have a full 300mm, about 12 inches
>> of pure open usable bar to choose from, and I use it all in various
>> situations .
>>
>> If I *really* wanted a high Albatross , I'd get a VO or Nitto MTC-04
>> Tall(it's 280mm tall) threadless stem adapter and a threadless stem. Maybe
>> some day .... but not today :)
>>
>> It's wonderful that we have these choices though, I yearn for more !
>>

>> On Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:42:30 PM UTC-4, EGNolan wrote:
>>>

>>> Patrick,
>>>>

>>> Best,
>>> Eric