All of the bike shops I've been in have a pretty wide selection of bike
styles and full-on road or mountain bikes are just a small segment of the
stock on the floor.  However, yesterday I was taking my wife's car for an
oil change and happened to spot a bicycle store I didn't know existed.
Since I was 30 minutes early and almost to the car dealer, I decided to
stop and check out the bike shop.  I have NEVER seen such a wide variety of
bikes in a shop.  He had the typical road bikes, mtb's, hybrids, comfort
bikes and cruisers but he also had a lot of odd-ball urban style bikes like
one would see in Bicycle Times or Momentum.  Lot's of brands I've never
heard of making steel bikes.  He even had backs with the equivalent of
Bosco bars on them!  Heck, he had at least 5-6 tandems in the store!  The
biggest surprise was rows and rows of steel framesets hanging from the
ceiling.  There were numerous brands there but the lion's share seemed to
be Colnago.  Lot's of chrome lugs hanging from that ceiling.  In talking to
one of the employees I found out the owner loves old steel bikes.  I might
have to go back when I have more time and take a better look around.