An execrable miscreant stole my wife's sprung Brooks saddle, and seat post,
from her Bridgestone X-5 yesterday. I knew that I had a couple spare seat
posts, and we borrowed a seat from a neighbor, and I set down to outfit her
bike for riding, while waiting for a new saddle (and swaged lock cable).
But lo... Bridgestone didn't use 27.2 mm seat posts on all of their bikes,
so my seat posts don't fit. In fact, Bridgestone used, like, um... maybe a
half dozen different seatpost diameters in their models. Good grief!

http://sheldonbrown.com/seatpost-sizes.html

I'm glad for simple things, and consistency in design.

- Andrew, Berkeley