Yup, that was 98 degrees on the computer but may not have been the
"official" temperature of the day but it was at least the lower 90s and the
first scorcher with humidity.  I had a gallon cooler filled with ice then
water.it's the only way to go.here's a picture of the set up from a ride
several years ago with the "carrying pannier".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39037425@N00/4851524483

As for fruit, I tried bananas but they had little effect however Paul had
some apricots and they seemed to give him the energy of Lanc.'er some pro
rider.not sure from what in those apricots.maybe it had something to do with
who is better shape.