My Atlantis has Mavic A719 rims with nearly 30k miles on them.  Still round
& true after 6+ years of general riding, loaded touring and off-road
bashing.  Rear hub is the Shimano Deore XT cassette that came on the bike
10 years ago.  I service it every year or 2.  I'm in southern California so
a pretty easy climate on hubs; if you commute in Washington the weather
will be a lot harder on stuff.

What does your wheelbuilder recommend?

dougP