*Test ride* went great. I love these compared to the old mustache. I only
rode about 40 minutes but I am very pleased. The reach is not as far as the
old mustache and I like the way I can put my hands to avoid compression on
the nerves in the center of the base of my palms. I rest the outer part of
my palm, the fleshy part (under the little finger side) on the pull back
part of the bars, and my fingers fall on the forward loop. Perfect. Before
I rode them, I lucked out and found the sweet spot as far as the angle of
the bars by just setting the bars at what looked the best and felt
comfortable, which was parallel with the ground. It turned out that is the
best position for my seat height. They feel like they will be just as good
as the old mustache off road, and perfect for around town or touring. The
"pull back" ends come back farther, shifting your weight off your hands.
They are a world of difference compared to the old mustache. I don't have
experience with the Albas, but I can say that being able to put my hands
out in the loop, while braking, works much better (especially off road),
than other upright bars I have used. I like them better than the Noodle,
better than my Salsa Woodchippers (which IMHO is the worlds perfect drop
bar), or flat, or pullback bars. For me, with a bum back and  Carpal tunnel
(that has kept me off my bike...alot), the bars are as perfect as can be. I
am very happy with them. I will write more later. I plan on riding today if
it quits raining. I will also attempt to get photos of hands on the bar
with a side shot to show body angle etc. So far, so good! Stay tuned for a
followup of a longer test ride........