On Thursday, July 4, 2013 1:58:59 PM UTC+2, Fullylugged wrote:

> The Ram dropouts are spaced at 132.5 so it is intended to take either 130
> or 135 wheelsets and up to 37 mm tires. The crack was in the dropout. not
> the tube in the famous "hack-fix" pictures. That should be very repairable
> and yes, the current (Henry James?) dropouts used on the Waterford
> Hillbornes look stouter to me.

The crack on Mike's Ram (old hack-fix pictures) is in the drop-out, just
where it's going in to the chain stay.

And I just saw that my XO-1 apparently has 126 mm spacing - with a 135 mm
wheel. I have an old 126 mm cassette hub in good condition that I might use
in a new wheel though, but a better idea would really be spreading the
frame to fit a standard 130 mm hub.

Michael Hechmer - if you click on "show more" on the flickr page, under the
title, or just hold the cursor over that line (starts with "My Rambouillet
broke today ...") you'll get the full story.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41335973@N00/sets/72157609818335769 And I
don't think you scrolled all the way to the bottom of that page - there you
see all parts used which makes it pretty obvious how it was held together.

Johan,
Sweden