Can't you still mount a Mark's rack on the fork that uses cantis? You need a
bolt of some kind to go through the hole in the crown so it can hold the
mounting bracket of the Mark's rack.

Rivendell used to sell these bolts that fit nicely in crown holes and when
installed, a couple inches of bolt would stick out pointing forward from the
fork. Grant called these paralysis preventers, because if the main brake cable
in front ever failed, the PP would prevent the straddle cable from coming down
and abruptly stopping the front wheel at high speed. The company that made it
was Selcof.

Sent from my iPhone