I will write something up when I finally get the Roadeo built up. I've had
a few other bike projects to do for our kid and his friend first, but once
I get the cash for some wheels I should be good to go.

I don't think I can do 10 bikes for me,  but in my family I think I could
now that I have had a chance to ponder it. Here is what I would do.
1 - full on touring bike: Rivendell Atlantis with the stock Noodle build
with added front and rear racks and fenders.
2. - Roadeo go fast with light wheels and a modern groupset. New Dura Ace
would be cool. Mark bars and I would keep it quill stem just because it is
sexier.
3. - Wife's road bike which is now a Mustached bar Nishiki International
but I would think about Soma San Marcos for her.
4. - Kid's road bike which is now a Cannondale Synapse w/ Tiagra
5. - Wife's mup bike which would be a Betty Foy with basic Albatross build
6. - Mountain bike for me. I would really dig a Bombadil w/ Nitto Bullmoose
bars or a Rivendell custom mountain mixte. Either way it would be totally
cool.
7. - Kid's mountain bike. Something modern from Trek. Hardtail w/ front
shock fork, probably 29er.
8. - Yvez Gomez for me. Albatross bars and set up for commuting with a
front basket and rear foldable double basket.
9. - My Sam Hillborne. Noodles, barend silver shifters, 650b dyad laced to
phil rivy 7 speed freewheel, Pari Moto or Hetres. Handlebar bag and small
saddlebag.
10. - Modern fast carbon road bike like the Trek Domane. I rode one and
really liked it. I would be cool to have one and compare it to the Roadeo.

On Friday, July 5, 2013 6:10:05 PM UTC-5, Patrick Moore wrote:

> I'll be interested in hearing how the Roadeo feels compared to the Sam. (I
> know it will be a lot different; but I want to know how.)
>
> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM, RJM <crccp...@gmail.com <javascript:>>wrote:
>
>> I have been doing it with one bike for a couple of years now, a Sam
>> Hillborne with noodles, silver shifter bar ends and a 7 speed freewheel in
>> the back laced to 650 b wheels. I realized for the riding I do I needed
>> another bike, namely a Roadeo go fast bike. I ordered a frameset and have
>> been putting together the parts to build it since. It will do me just fine.
>> The Sam will become the full on touring machine and I will permanently
>> affix racks and bags with a front basket and possibly change to Albatross
>> bars on it. The Roadeo for fast club stuff, the Hillborne for most
>> everything else.
>>
>> If I get the cash for another (3rd.) bike it will be some sort of
>> mountain bike. What I would really like is a custom mountain mixte from
>> Rivendell that takes wider tires, like 2.5s, would be cool in 650b.
>>
>> On Friday, July 5, 2013 2:50:34 PM UTC-5, Philip Williamson wrote:
>>
>>> Or, "If you could have ten bikes, what would they be? " For Bobby.
>>>
>>> 1. The Quickbeam in full commuter
>>> drag<http://www.biketinker.com/2012/fine-bikes/state-of-the-quickbeam-3-3-12/>.
>>>
>>> Maybe with the S3X, or the Sachs Automatic, probably just fixed.
>>> 2. Bontrager mountain bike with drop
>>> bars<http://www.biketinker.com/2012/fine-bikes/state-of-the-bikes-3-13-12/>.
>>>
>>> I love this bike.
>>> 3. The Gravel
>>> Roadster<http://www.biketinker.com/2012/fine-bikes/state-of-the-bikes-3-14-12/>,
>>>
>>> but custom made to fit me. Ideally made by Rob
>>> English<http://www.biketinker.com/2010/fine-bikes/english-cycles-mountain-bike/>.
>>>
>>> Gears, 60mm tires, fenderable, ~20lbs. Right now I'm using the GR for 10
>>> mile loops with the guys from work, and I enjoy the contrast with their
>>> bikes.
>>> 4. Matt Chester fixed

>>> Legolas<http://www.flickr.com/photos/philipwilliamson/2917695862/>,