Everything I've read about the cracking issues has been limited to a batch
a few years back.  Everything I've read that is current tends to agree that
they are great rims, except for the difficulty many have getting tires to
run straight on them.  I have four sets of 650B synergy wheels in the
stable, and they are all fine and all over 2 years old, too.