I'll bet this kept the tailgaters at bay!

Paul Germain
Midlothian, Va.

 Rocket fuel
bwphoto <bwphotograph...@gmail.com> Jul 09 12:05PM -0700

Over the weekend we ran out of propane for the grill and we had an extra
empty canister that needed to go back ...a fitting job for super bike. I
get our propane from the local hardware store which is a measly 3 miles
away and I don't drive for short trips and seldom drive for much else, if
the destination and route is bike friendly I ride whatever bike fits the
task. Hardware store runs usually require the Xtracycle and more often than
not require wide loaders. Instead of loading both sides of the X with
empties I hitched up the trailer. Since I built the X the trailer has been
sitting idle so I wanted to see how it worked with the X.

Other than getting a few entertaining looks and a little kid telling his
mom he wanted one pulling the trailer was pretty uneventful, I did notice
the absence of the second tank on the return trip. I have to say having a
cargo bike is really convenient and with 2" Big Apples it is my errand bike
of choice.

Here's a link to see the set up:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/billweaverphoto/9247791331/in/set-72157634563525565/

I keep thinking of the possibility of a Riv long tail...