> Hard to say if it is tires or not without trying a different set on the
> bike.

But I will say that compared to my race bike, my Bleriot and the Sam are
more stable riding and slower responding/handling bikes, which I like. They
are very predictable and smooth handling.

Unlike the twitchy and more  unstable and unpredictable  feeling race bike
I have.

If you are not familiar with riding Rivendells, it could be just the newer
stable type handling of the bikes compared to the twitchy, fast  handling
of race bikes you may be used to.