Nice set up, Max!

I stirred the Tektro caliper and lever idea for a while to open up the
clearances on my Rambouillet for more tire and fender room. In the meantime
I had collected some Continental Gatorskin 700x32 (actually 29mm on
Velocity Synergy rims) tires on clearance from the local REI and a set of
Honjo H27 hammered fenders for an attractive price and after holding one of
the fenders up to my bike with the Contis installed I thought I should do
it to prove I needed the Tektro solution for this combination. Turns out I
didn't need the brakes.

All of that tire and fender fit beneath the Shimano long reach calipers,
even when closing on the rim (thanks to a strategic clearance dimpling
needed on the front only).

Took it for, literally, a shake down ride around town to see if I could
produce some misbehaving. All was well, despite Belgian block roads, gravel
paths, freshly asphalt patched streets, and yes, more curb drops than I
should have on the first ride with a low tail fender like that (go off at
an angle & turn the wheel even more parallel to the curb as you drop). The
day's climate was beautiful, or as a friend posted: "I won't be noting the
weather when I face Saint Peter, but if I do reach Heaven, I am positive it
will be like last week in PIttsburgh."

Proof:
https://plus.google.com/photos/109160474815391208206/albums/5910070344477760609?authkey=CPibubXxl-b3ag

Andy Cheatham