On Monday, August 5, 2013 11:40:36 AM UTC-4, Tony DeFilippo wrote:

>  My own goal in that regard is to do the ~70mile C&O Canal trip from my
> place to Harpers Ferry, WV... spend the night in a B&B and then come back.
>  Trying to talk my wife into it!
>
> Tony
>
> Last summer I spent a few days in Harpers Ferry with the wife and bikes.
> We stayed at a B&B right in the "heart" of Harpers Ferry.
> http://hfstonehouse.com/

A good place and a great location, the town is built on the side of a steep
hill and this house is almost at the bottom and very near the walk bridge
across to the C&O. We found it was nicely quiet during the week but
bustling on the weekend. Personally, I would spend 2 nights and not rush it
too much. There is also a hostel *in* Harpers Ferry,
http://www.teahorsehostel.com/ , it looked nice but it's at the TOP of the
HILL. : )