Glad you got the bike back...I guess I could see the person who bought it
at the swap wanting to recover her $400...but that is no $400 bike...
Myself, I'd suspect it was a hot bike.

My advice? Lock up the bikes in the garage and lock the garage..., better
yet, keep the Royal in the house. It's probably a good thing you cancelled
the claim  since claims can ultimately result in increased premiums or ,
worse, insurer refuses coverage.

All in all a happy ending, I think...but too bad about the tools and bags
and the $500.