g:

The current issue of Adventure Cyclist magazine has an article about doing
the White Rim Trail.  One of the riders was on a Surly LHT with 4
panniers.  They did not quote a size but said he stuffed the fattest tires
that would fit.  They took 3 days for the 103 miles.  From the photos &
description it looks entirely do-able on a decent touring bike.  Hugh of
Homer & I of Atlantis are musing on this ride.  Probably not going to
happen this year but a bright blip on the radar for 2014.

dougP