I'm kind of excited to try a wood mess kit like sailors in the days of
old.  I'd like to weigh my titanium kit (just cup, bowl, plate) and my wood
kit (same) to see the difference.  I expect it wouldn't be a deal-breaker.
Advantages of wood:  much more thermal than single wall Ti, doesn't make
clattering noise; feels wonderful in the hand; holds many stories.
Disadvantages:  can't use it over a flame; heavier than Ti.  So one still
needs some sort of pot/pitcher like the Snow Peak 700 ml mug.  The beausage
that a wood kit gets over time can't be beat.  I have have a wooden
Norwegian bowl and spoon that came over with my ancestors in the 1850's and
they are still serviceable and spectacular.  Of course, they don't go
camping.

As for stories, Cooper Ternes says it really nicely and, I think, in true
Riv spirit:  "Wooden bowls are full of stories. They can be beautiful. They
can be functional. A wooden bowl contains the story of the tree and the
forest where it grew. It contains the story of the maker, his tools and the
tradition it is a part of. A bowl also contains the story and the memories
of the food you eat. A wooden bowl is personable and warm, with frequent
and consistent use it becomes part of your story."

What if this was turned into bikes?  "Riv bikes are full of stories. They
can be beautiful. They can be functional. A Riv bike contains the story of
the steel and the place where it was made. It contains the story of the
maker, his tools and the tradition it is a part of. A Riv bike also
contains the story and the memories of the rides you take. A Riv bike is
personable and strong, with frequent and consistent use it becomes part of
your story."