Well I've been using the Edge 800 for a couple of years and love it. You
can add any maps you want, topo or street, or you can download maps you
create for rides. I've used all the above. It also has a HR monitor, but I
don't use that function. Not really sure what the difference is between the
800 and this new model (didn't read the specifics), but sounds like much of
what I have.