Follow up: Today was my first significant ride on the new Quickbeam.
About 25 miles. Bit of climbing, long, mild descent, some flatish
singletrack. My favorite Saturday morning loop in other words!

And I must say, the Quickbeam performed FLAWLESSLY. Up the hills
kinda' slowly in 40X18, standing now and then. Followed by coasting
down the steeper portions where I was out of gear, and moving to 40X16
on the White Dos freewheel to spin up on the rolling downhill part.
Then back to 40X18 for the singletrack and roads home. All this before
9:00!

Riding this fantastic bike makes me wonder why I have gears on the other ones!
(I tend to remember why when I hit a steep hill)

Today's ride on top: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist