hi guys - thanks - this is on my go-fast.  I actually have quite a
hodge-podge, and quite proud of how well it all works together.  Currently
running a '79 Shimano 600 EX RD with 8-speed freewheel, 9-speed hollow-pin
chain and Daytona "10-speed" FD ($17 on ebay), "10 speed" Campy Centaur
crankset (NOS).   No chainline problems, both derailleurs work wonderfully
(NOS Triomphe friction shifters - $22 at Boulder).
Have had no problems with chainline and and the gearing is generally great
- a little long for climbing hills, especially into my neighborhood.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-IUpYqkfjzjg/UZvk9SqqCpI/AAAAAAAAAr4/8i--c8S-qzg/s1600/P5190022.JPG>

and yes, those are 60s straight-lever Grand Sport QR skewers, completing my
6 decades of parts.  The wheels were tubulars and were a gift from Patrick.
 I have a very nice  Record/Moskva clincher wheelset that came with the 8
speed cassette, and I'm watching a good deal on a NOS Centaur RD (10
speed).  I'm planning to friction shift 8, keep the 9-speed chain, and take
advantage of the wheel change when I get there to rebuild a few things
(when the tubulars I'm currently rolling cry uncle).  I  plan to use the 8
Campy cassette gears and friction shift, but wondering if I may face a
chainline or space problem with a "10 speed" RD

thanks again.