Showed my Moser drive train yesterday.  I'm friction shifting 8 on a 1978
Shimano 600 EX that came from the first rebuild of my Raleigh.  It of
course is a "5 speed" RD but is working like a champ.  It's also 190g,
which is the same as a short-cage Record, and 15g lighter than a short-cage
carbon Chorus.