I haven't had much trouble switching to low-normal from regular sequence
derailleurs.    I even have both types on different bikes and switch
between them frequently.    After the first couple of shifts, I no longer
have to think about it.     Bikes are otherwise set up differently though
so maybe that has something to do with it.

Matt