Well, I made it to Portland and put in about 95 miles on Friday, riding from
Troutdale, OR, into Washington state, then up the Columbia River to Bridge of
the Gods and back on the Oregon side. Photos prove it happened:

http://campyonlyguy.blogspot.com/2013/09/ride-to-bridge-of-gods-9-19-13.html

Some very nice scenery on this ride ... once I was able to escape the greater
Vancouver, WA, area. Old Hwy 30 on the Oregon side, with its multiple
waterfalls and general lack of cars was especially nice. Stopped at the bridge
and had a yummy piece of marionberry pie in the local diner. Also bought some
totally delicious smoked salmon from a Native American couple who caught the
fish themselves in the main stem of the Columbia.

Got rained on for about 20 miles in the dark, but all in all a great day on the
bike.

--Eric
campyonly...@me.com
www.campyonly.com